Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Pre-Requisite: Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Full Body Massage qualification
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
WHAT IS A HAWAIIAN LOMI LOMI MASSAGE TREATMENT?
Hawaiian massage, also known as Lomi Lomi or Ka Huna Massage is an ancient form of massage therapy that treats both the mind and the body. The Hawaiians see all aspects of the body as one and believe the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual are all parts of the individual "whole". Lomi Lomi means "Loving Hands" massage. The reason for this is that it works gently yet deeply into the muscles with continuous flowing strokes, totally nurturing the body and, enabling the recipient to relax, give in and simply be. So whilst technique is an important part of the massage and associated healing, much of the work is done by love, with the focus of the practitioner on the client being deep and complete, using loving hands and a loving heart.
The massage works by stimulating the natural flow of energy. The treatment may be slow and relaxing or faster and invigorating, but is generally deep and rhythmical, using the forearms, heels of hands and elbows in long flowing strokes.
This massage is a healing, nurturing, motivating tool that can only offer the highest form of loving. Many ailments, injuries and conditions are greatly relieved as well as the discomforts associated with managing a life of illness or imbalance of your health and wellness.
- Water retention, muscle cramps, menopausal symptoms reduced, increase vitality, improve muscle strength to support exercise, increase confidence and well-being, general stiffness, weakness.
- Helps your client let go of old patterns of holding emotions in their muscles.
- Reduces anxiety, fears, worries, sadness and empowers through human caring and encouragement
- Improves relaxation responses, calms heart rate, blood pressure, brings a good night sleep.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- History and benefits of Hawaiian (Lomi Lomi) Massage
- What is Hawaiian (Lomi Lomi) Massage
- Your working environment
- Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation including contra-indications
- Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Hawaiian Massage Treatment - Learning Flowing Movement Techniques, How to work around the Table, Posture etc and how to tune into your "lomi lomi" heart.
Duration: 1 Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Everything you need to learn this treatment is included in this course.
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 6 case studies (2 people x 3 times or 3 people x 2 times) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue - please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Training Dastes/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England , Scotland and Wales)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course