Hot/Hard Waxing Practitioner Diploma One-Day Course
Cost: – £165.00 (including Booking Fee of £55.00)
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), ABT (Associated Beauty Therapists) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by ABT Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma – Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Pre-Requisite: None – suitable for beginners
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
WHAT IS A WAXING TREATMENT?
Waxing is the most popular used method with its ability to remove hairs quickly and efficiently. Soft wax is a much quicker treatment than hard wax. Hot wax is spread thickly onto the area of hair growth (skin) and allowed to dry slightly before it is peeled away. This method is far less painful than most and pulls hair directly from the roots. Hot waxing is particularly good for those with sensitive skin and coarse hair growth. Hot waxing can be done anywhere on the body, but it is preferred by most therapists on smaller areas as takes more time than warm waxing. Hot wax can grab hair as short as 2mm in length.
- Hot wax grips hair better than warm wax
- It is suitable for most hair types fine and coarse. It can remove strong deep rooted hairs successfully
- It does not leave sticky residue like warm was
- It is better at removing shorter hairs
- Can be more suited to those with sensitive skin
- There is less reddening on the skin following hot waxing
- Hair re-growth is finer
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- How to manage your working environment
- Code of practice and insurance for therapists
- Consultation procedure including contra-indications
- Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- Health & safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- How to prepare for Waxing treatments
- How to carry out safely and effectively: Removal of hair from Legs, Bikini Line, Underarms, Chin, Lip and Eyebrows using Hot waxing techniques
- How to Measure and shape the Eyebrows
- Different Eyebrow and Facial Shapes
- Anatomy and physiology for Waxing treatments
- Waxing Treatment Routines
Duration: One Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 12 case studies (2 Brows, 2 Lips, 2 Chins, 2 Underarm, 2 Bikini line, 2 Legs) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course
All Booking Fees/deposits paid are non refundable but can be held and transferrred to another date for up to 6 months if 14 days notice of cancellation is given.
Zen Tranquility Training cannot be held responsible for any changes in regulations or insurances that may take place that is out of our control and can effect insurances in the future. We give up to date knowledge to the best of our ability to all our leaners at the time of booking and participating on the course. We advise all learners to do their own research especially checking with their own insurance company that they will accept this course before booking onto any courses.