Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), CMA (Complementary Medical Association) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by Balens Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma – Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Pre-Requisite: Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Full Body Massage qualification
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
WHAT IS A MALAY (INDONESIAN) NAVEL CANDLING & ABDOMEN DETOX MASSAGE TREATMENT?
Malay (Indonesian) Navel Candling & Abdomen Detox Therapy is an extremely effective treatment. This abdominal and navel therapy belongs to the oldest form of therapy within the traditional Malay Medicine. The aim is to work the entire body by combining different manual techniques such as Urut (massage) , herbs (applied externally) to abdomen, and navel candling in order to achieve a flow of Qi and blood along the meridians and organs and regulating them. By the help of this stimulation and regulation the functioning of the 4 elements (Malay organic system) is being restored
Traditional Malay beauty treatments are generally family secrets that are handed down from generation to generation and rarely shared for commercial gain. However, with younger generations showing less interest in the traditional beauty treatments, older generations are more willing to share less the art dies with the lack of practitioners.
So, what was once practised behind closed doors by midwives, healers and wedding planners or more commonly known as “mak andam” are now revived and shared to keep the art of Malay beauty treatments for dying.
Traditional Malay Massage helps rid the body of excess ‘onion’ or wind helping to release negative energy. The abdomen houses vital organs and is a very important part of the body. The abdominal cavity comprises of the stomach, diaphragm, colon, small intestine, liver, pancreas, and gall bladder. The health of the abdomen lies with the stomach, the digestion process and reproductive organs.
- Can acts as a natural colonic irrIgation
- It helps in proper digestion.
- Abdominal massage is best for problems related to constipation.
- It promotes elimination, and secretion of hormones.
- It stimulates liver and gall-bladder.
- It strengthens weak and relaxed abdominal muscles.
- It breaks down adhesions.
- It helps in aligning the pelvic bones.
- It adjusts the uterus to its proper position in case of problems.
- It releases muscular armouring in the trunk and enhance circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids.
- It releases deep muscle tissue spasms in the entire abdominal area
- Abdomen massage produces heat, which melts adipose tissue or fat.
- General improvement in blood circulation benefits the blood vessels in the abdominal cavity.
- The liver, the gall-bladder, and the pancreas receive a large share of oxygen and nutrients and release their metabolic waste products.
- Abdomen massage helps open the abdominal cavity and release the fascia so the organs can lay unrestricted in their natural positions in the abdominal cavity.
- Can lift the spirits and increase the energy of the receiver by stimulating the nerve endings in the abdominal plexus
- Improves immune system & Metabolism
- Improves irregular menstruation & Pain
- Reduces Water Retention
- Helps in gastric problem
- Helps in insomnia
- Helps in Bloated Stomach
- Improve Blood pressure
- Helps Constipation
- Helps Diarrhea
- Frequent Urination
This is a holistic treatment and therefore the therapeutic effects can last long after the treatment is finished.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- History and benefits of Malay (Indonesian) Massage and Navel Candling
- How to use Steamed Herb Compresses and Navel Candles
- Your working environment
- Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation including contra-indications
- Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Massage techniques
- The Malay (Indonesian) Navel Candling & Abdomen Detox Massage routine
Duration: 1 Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Everything you need to learn this treatment is included in this course. A Hot Stone Warming Bag, Basalt Stones, Himalayan Quartz Crystal Palm stones, Herbal Compress, Navel Candle, Navel Cloth, and steaming equipment will be required after the course for this treatment. (details in your manual)
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 6 case studies (2 people x 3 times or 3 people x 2 times) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Training Dastes/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course