.Cost: - £210.00 (including Booking Fee of £50.00)
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Pre-Requisite: This course is for Qualified Reflexologists who have already achieved a recognised certificate in Reflexology and Anatomy and Physiology.
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED:: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other - NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practise on.
WHAT IS A MATERNITY REFLEXOLOGY TREATMENT?
Maternity Reflexology is simply reflexology used to nurture a Pregnant woman and her baby on a physical, emotional and spiritual level from Pre-conception, throughout the Pregnancy, the Birth itself and during the Postnatal Period. It is an ancient natural therapy which uses subtle energies of the feet to balance and harmonise the entire being, leading to health and well-being. It is based on the principle that there are reflex areas on the feet and hands which correspond to all the organs, systems and parts of the body. When these points are stimulated, tension is eased, nerve and blood supply is increased and the body's own healing potential is activated.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- Course Objective
- Brief History of Reflexology
- What is Maternity Reflexology
- Use of Reflexology during Pre-conception, Miscarriage and Pregnancy
- Benefits of Pre-conception Reflexology
- Benefits of Reflexology after a Miscarriage
- Benefits of Pregnancy Reflexology
- Use of Reflexology to assist Labour and its benefits
- Use of Reflexology Post-Natal and its benefits
- Client Consultation procedure
- Consultation Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Contraindications and Client's expectations
- How to prepare for the treatment
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Preparing your work area
- Your working environment
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety for COSHH Regulations
- Industry Regulations
- Professional Ethics
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Risk Assessment
- Code of practise for Therapists
- Aftercare Advice
- Anatomy & Physiology relevant to this treatment
- The different Reflexology treatments and routines before, during and after Pregnancy
- Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
- 1 Day Practical
- 6 case studies
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue - please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course