Many styles of meditation can help reduce stress. Meditation can likewise reduce symptoms in people with stress-triggered medical conditions. On this course you will learn a series of different meditation techniques and how to perform a baby massage and how to prepare class lessons and teach it to others.
Course Price: £200.00 (Booking Fee £50.00)
WHAT IS MEDITATION?
Meditation is a mind and body practice that has a long history of use for increasing calmness and physical relaxation, improving psychological balance, coping with illness, and enhancing overall health and well-being. Mind and body practices focus on the interactions among the brain, mind, body, and behaviour.
Meditation is a practice in which an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. Meditation is practiced in numerous religious traditions.
What are the Benefits of Meditation?
The range of mental health disorders that can benefit through meditation is very large. For example, some of the conditions in which meditation can help are:
- Panic attacks
- Irritability and moodiness
- Memory impairment
- Self-esteem and Self confidence
- Relationship issues.
Meditation can also assist with general therapies in the relief for the following physical illnesses:
- Heart disease
- Angina pains
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- High blood pressure
The medical professions are generally in agreement, that meditation can have a direct impact on the way the brain processes, and acts on patterns of behaviour. In recent years there has been a dramatic rise into research, and testing of the effects of meditation and the exact effects meditation, can have on the brain and the heart.
PRE-REQUISITES: This course is for qualified therapists and complete beginners.
COURSE LENGTH: 2 Days (1 Practical training day)
COURSE CONTENT & LEARNING OUTCOMES:
This is a very in-depth course covering:
- Course objectives
- Course Content
- What is Meditation?
- Meditation Fundamentals
- Different types of Meditation
- Breath watching
- Empty mind
- Simple mantra
- Guided Meditation
- Transcendental Meditation
- Zen or Zazen
- Tibetan Sky Gazing
- Qi Gong
- Benefits of Meditation
- What are the medical benefits of meditation?
- How does Meditation work?
- Position and Posture
- The Seven Points of Meditation Posture
- Three point instruction
- Self-Meditation Instructions
- The Meditation process
- Teaching Meditation
- Meditation Techniques
- The Chakra System
- Chakra visualisation and cleansing
- Preparing a Lesson Plan
- Client Consultation procedure
- Consultation Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Contraindications and Client's expectations
- How to prepare for the treatment
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Preparing your work area
- Your working environment
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety for COSHH Regulations
- Industry Regulations
- Professional Ethics
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Risk Assessment
- Code of practise for Therapists
- Aftercare Advice
- Anatomy & Physiology relevant to this treatment
- Q & A's
- How to set up a lesson plan to instruct others
- How to run a work shop for others
- Treatment Protocol including:: Meditation techniques and how to prepare and teach a meditation class
- Case Studies
- Home Study (8 guided learning hours)
- 1 day practical
- 6 case studies to be completed before certification
AWARDING BODIES: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine)
CPD POINTS: 15
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue - please complete the Book Now Form (icon at the top of the page) advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you). If a course is scheduled or other students booked onto it then the date will be advertised against the venue below.
VENUES: This course is available at the following venues:
- Lincolnshire (Grimsby)
- Scotland (Glasgow)