Nail Technician Acrylic Nails Practitioner including Sculpting Diploma One and Half-Day Course
Cost: - £280.00 (including Booking Fee of £50.00)
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Pre-Requisite: Qualification in Manicure or Pedicure is prerequisite for this course
Kit: Please note a Kit is NOT included in course price - Acrylic Nail Treatment products (a list is given in the theory manual) will be required after the course for this treatment to complete your case studies.
TRAINING DATES/VENUES: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other - NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practise on.
WHAT IS AN ACRYLIC NAILS TREATMENT?
Acrylic nails are a common enhancement. One benefit of acrylic nails is that they’re quite strong, they won’t chip and you can choose them in a variety of colours and styles. Acrylic nails are one of the best enhancements for your nails if you’re quite hard on them. Acrylic nails enhancements are made by gluing a tip onto your natural nails or by sculpting. The acrylic powder is mixed with a liquid to create an overlay that’s placed on top of natural nails. You can paint, wear French tips and airbrush designs on artificial nails. They can be worn long or short and can also be filed into square, round or pearl shapes.
WHAT IS SCULPTING?
Acrylic Sculpting is where the extended free edge is created out of pure Acrylic, so there's no gluing or blending of tips. The length and shape of the nail is sculpted with your brush. Sculpted nails are in demand by the more discerning customer and command top prices in the salon.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- Course Objective
- Learning Outcomes
- History of Nail Enhancements
- Aims of Nail Enhancements
- Shapes of Nails
- Benefits of Acrylic Nails
- Equipment needed to perform an Acrylic Nails Treatment
- Identification of nail disorders and contra-actions to treatment
- Aftercare Advice
- Client Consultation Process
- Client Consultation Form
- Confidential Client Record Form
- GDPR Client Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Under 16 Consent Form
- Client Disclaimer
- Health, Safety & Hygiene
- Preparing your Work Area
- Carrying out a Risk Assessment
- Sanitation, Sterilisation, Disinfection
- Health & Safety & Regulations
- Industry Regulations such as COSHH, Fire Regulations etc
- Professional Ethics and Standards of Practice
- GDRP and Client Confidentiality
- Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
- Business Practice
- The Business Plan
- The Legalities of running a Business
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Importance of Customer Service
- Record Keeping
- Anatomy and Physiology for all Body Systems
- Anatomy and Physiology relevant to Acrylic Nails Treatment
- How to prepare for the Treatment
- Nail Preparation
- Tip Application
- Acrylic Application
- How to Sculpt with Acrylic
- Maintenance - infills/backfills
- Removal of Tips and Acrylic
- Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
- 1 and Half Day Practical
- 9 case studies (3 Application on Nail Tips, 3 Overlay on Natural Nails, 3 Sculpted Nails) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue - please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)