Pre-Requisite: None – suitable for beginners, although you do need to hold or be studying Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology alongside this course
Course Length: 1 day
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), ABT (Associated Beauty Therapists) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by ABT Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
This short effective and dynamic ‘through the clothes’ treatment is carried out of a specifically designed on-site massage chair. No oils are used which is why the massage is received fully clothed whilst sitting on the chair. The massage sequence usually includes the back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands and head – targeting all the areas most susceptible to tension and affected by long hours at a desk or computer.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
This is a very in-depth course covering:
- Course Objective
- What is On-Site Seated Chair Massage
- How does it work?
- History of On Site Seated Chair Massage
- History and benefits of Seated Hands-Free Massage
- Acupressure Points
- Client Consultation procedure
- Consultation Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Contraindications and Client’s expectations
- How to prepare for the treatment
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Preparing your work area
- Your working environment
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety for COSHH Regulations
- Industry Regulations
- Professional Ethics
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Risk Assessment
- Code of practise for Therapists
- Aftercare Advice
- Anatomy & Physiology relevant to this treatment
- The On-Site Chair Acupressure Massage routine
- Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
- 1 day practical
- 6 case studies to be completed before certification
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma – Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED:: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other – NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practise on.
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the ONLINE COURSE DATE FORM advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course