Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), ABT (Associated Beauty Therapists), CMA (Complementary Medical Association) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by ABT Insurance, Balens Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma – Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Pre-Requisite: Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Full Body Massage qualification
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
WHAT IS AN ORIENTAL WARM BAMBOO MASSAGE TREATMENT?
Bamboo Massage is a table massage or seated massage where the therapist uses warmed bamboo tools of varying lengths and diameter to roll, knead and relax muscles with deep tissue techniques and is beneficial in that it brings about increased circulation, relief of sore muscles and a deep state of relaxation. It is regarded as a body, face and limb massage that incorporates bamboo stalks of varying lengths and diameters to provide drainage, relaxation and reshaping, simultaneously. Bamboo symbolizes suppleness and resilience, straightforwardness and simplicity; and the massage satisfies two major needs: relaxation and well-being.
- Increases circulation due to more surface contact
- More pressure can be evenly administered to the client’s body
- Pressure is effectively maintained for longer periods of time
- More effective work can be done in a shorter amount of time
- The warmth from the bamboo aids in relaxation
- Delivers an incredible sensation of relaxation and calm
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Relieves muscular tension
- Aids in Lymphatic circulation
- Benefits clients both physically and emotionally
Benefits to Practitioners:
Using the bamboo sticks minimises stressing and straining the hands and fingers, while still allowing for deeply penetrating manoeuvres. At the same time, as we hold the bamboo sticks, that energy is transmitted to us, which will help us to maintain strong and healthy hands and wrists, the areas most susceptible to injury in our profession. Once you start working with the tools and learning how to feel through the bamboo they become an extension of your hands and fingers. But the bamboo is also a channel for us, taking our massage to more meaningful level, giving our work a new depth and dimension.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- History and benefits of Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage
- Piezoelectric and Pyroelectric effects of using Bamboo during massage
- Meridians and acupressure points
- Your working environment
- Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation including contra-indications
- Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
- Bamboo positions and terminology for Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage
- The Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage routine
Duration: 1 Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Everything you need to learn this treatment is included in this course. A Couch Warming Blanket or Bamboo Heating Bag & Bamboo Kit will be required after the course for this treatment. (details in your manual).
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 6 case studies (2 people x 3 times or 3 people x 2 times) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Training Dastes/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course