Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), CMA (Complementary Medical Association) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by Balens Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Pre-Requisite: Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Full Body Massage qualification
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
There are several reasons why Polynesians use seashells in massage.
- Providing your clients with a new and luxurious experience as the shells bring a natural element to the massage.
- Shell shapes mimic hands, fingers, thumbs and elbows and creative use of them will save year of wear and tear on the therapist’s joints.
- Shells are very versatile and can be used warmed or cool for pain relief of sore muscles.
- Shells are uplifting as all things in nature have energy about them and therefore lend themselves beautifully to energy work.
This treatment uses the therapists forearms in a dancing motion to apply the coconut oil to the body, a warmed relaxing seashell massage then follows using various types and sizes of natural seashells.
Polynesian Warm Coconut & Seashell Massage Therapy is a holistic treatment and therefore the therapeutic effects last long after the treatment is finished and can include many of the following:
- Benefits headaches and helps release tension
- Release of anxiety, tiredness and depression
- Improves sleep
- Improves alertness and concentration
- Is calming, comforting and promotes a feeling of well-being
- Improves skin condition
- Relieves muscular tension
- Helps to improve muscle tone
- Improves respiration by deeper breathing
- Good for stress and stress related conditions
- Helps circulation problems
- Increases energy levels
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Improves blood flow to the brain, thus improving concentration levels
- Can induce a feeling of euphoria
- Aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- History and benefits of Polynesian and Seashell Massage
- Benefits of Coconut Oil for Facial Massage
- Placement of Shells for energy work
- Your working environment
- Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation including contra-indications
- Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Massage techniques
- The Polynesian Warm Coconut & Seashell Facial Massage Therapy routine
Duration: 1 Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Everything you need to learn this treatment is included in this course. A Seashell Kit and Heating Pad will be required after the course for this treatment. (details in your manual)
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 6 case studies (2 people x 3 times or 3 people x 2 times) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue - please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Training Dastes/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course