Cost: – £215.00 (including booking fee of £75.00)
Pre-Requisite: Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Full Body Massage qualification
Course Length: 1 day
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABT (Associated Beauty Therapists), ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), CMA (Complementary Medical Association) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by ABT Insurance, Balens Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Westminster Insurance.
WHAT IS A SEATED HANDS-FREE MASSAGE TREATMENT?
Seated Hands-Free Massage utilises the therapists’ forearms and the strength of their entire body to deliver a deep, powerful, relaxing massage for the client. Muscle fibres can be worked smoothly and easily, helping to ease away any tension, adhesions and knots. The therapist also uses their elbows and knuckles in this treatment.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
This is a very in-depth course covering:
- Course Objective
- History and benefits of Seated Hands-Free Massage
- Client Consultation procedure
- Consultation Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Contraindications and Client’s expectations
- How to prepare for the treatment
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Preparing your work area
- Your working environment
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety for COSHH Regulations
- Industry Regulations
- Professional Ethics
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Risk Assessment
- Code of practise for Therapists
- Aftercare Advise
- Be able to use hands free techniques to deliver a satisfying and safe massage
- Be able to use these techniques within a massage to reduce use of hands
- Anatomy & Physiology relevant to this treatment
- Seated Hands-Free Massage techniques – learn how to perform a massage with forearms, elbows and Knuckles
- Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
- 1 day practical
- 6 case studies to be completed before certification
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma – Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED:: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other – NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practise on.
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the ONLINE COURSE DATE FORM advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course