Cost: – £225.00 (including Booking Fee of £75.00)
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), ABT (Associated Beauty Therapists) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by ABT Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Pre-Requisite: Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Full Body Massage qualification are required
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED:: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other – NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practise on.
WHAT IS A SPORTS PRE/POST EVENT MASSAGE TREATMENT?
Sports, Events & Activity Massage enables the therapist to understand the effect and benefits of massage to assist in dealing with athletes prior and post their sports event. On this course you will learn Sports massage technique’s. Sports Massage is the term applied to the discipline of using Massage Therapy for the specific benefit of management, manipulation, rehabilitation and muscle balance of the soft tissues of the body. This course is for qualified therapists who want to work with athletes in a competitive environment. The course will include muscle Anatomy and Function. Pre-event massage to prepare muscles to perform and help the athlete to compete. Post-event massage to remove toxins and waste and to minimise the after effects of competition performance. Sports Massage Therapy is useful in relieving stress, strain, tension, postural imbalances and chronic pain as well as preventing injury and enhancing rehabilitation.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- Course Content
- History and benefits of Events and Activity Massage
- Theory of muscle function
- Massage techniques
- Client Consultation procedure
- Consultation Form
- GP Referral Letter
- Contraindications and Client’s expectations
- How to prepare for the treatment
- Hygiene and Professionalism
- Preparing your work area
- Your working environment
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety for COSHH Regulations
- Industry Regulations
- Professional Ethics
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Risk Assessment
- Code of practise for Therapists
- Aftercare Advise
- Anatomy & Physiology relevant to this treatment
- Pre-event therapy Routine : Warming the muscles, stretching the fibres and removal of waste. Effleurage techniques, stretching muscle groups and individual muscles and improve waste drainage
- Post-event therapy Routine: Relaxing muscles and relaxing spasm, removal of waste acids to aid recovery and even out blood flow.
This course is not for treatment of injuries – Under no circumstances should injuries be treated.
- Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
- One Day Practical
- 6 case studies (2 People x 3 times or 3 People x 2 times)
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England and Scotland)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course