Sugaring (Egyptian Hair Removal) Practitioner Diploma One-Day Course
Cost: – £225.00 (including Booking Fee of £75.00)
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners), ABT (Associated Beauty Therapists) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by ABT Insurance, BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Zen Tranquility Holistic Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma – Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Pre-Requisite: None – suitable for beginners
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at the following venues:-
Essex/Suffolk, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Scotland
WHAT IS A SUGARING TREATMENT?
Sugaring hair removal, is an ancient middle-eastern practice which uses an all natural paste or gel made from food-derived ingredients like sugar, water and lemon juice to remove the hair follicle from the root. The results can last up to six weeks and is less painful than most forms of waxing because the substance sticks to the hair without attaching to the skin and is applied at room temperature or heated to a lukewarm temperature, preventing burning.
Sugaring is usually preferred to wax treatments because:-
- As the product is made up of natural ingredients and the working temperature of the paste is low, it is very effective on a more sensitive skin as well as well as some skins that would react to waxing and therefore be contra-indicated. Clients do say that if feels less painful than warm waxing
- Sugar paste is water-soluble so less inclined to stick to everything. It is very easy to wipe down the skin and other surface
- Very short hairs can be removed as the paste grips the hairs and not the skin, so there is not the wait for re-growth as there is with waxing
- Sugar is used at a lower temperature, so less risk of burning or irritating the skin
- Sugar is easier to clean off the skin (clothes, etc.) than waxes
- Sugar does not stick as readily to the skin as (some) waxes do, creating less trauma
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- How to manage your working environment
- Code of practice and insurance for therapists
- Consultation procedure including contra-indications
- Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- Health & safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- How to prepare for waxing treatments
- How to carry out safely and effectively: Sugaring hair removal on the legs, bikini line, underarms and facial hair
- Anatomy and physiology for sugaring treatments
Duration: 1 Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 12 case studies (2 Brows, 2 Lips, 2 Chins, 2 Underarm, 2 Bikini line, 2 Legs) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue – please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course
All Booking Fees/deposits paid are non refundable but can be held and transferrred to another date for up to 6 months if 14 days notice of cancellation is given.
Zen Tranquility Training cannot be held responsible for any changes in regulations or insurances that may take place that is out of our control and can effect insurances in the future. We give up to date knowledge to the best of our ability to all our leaners at the time of booking and participating on the course. We advise all learners to do their own research especially checking with their own insurance company that they will accept this course before booking onto any courses.