Warm/Soft Waxing Practitioner Diploma One-Day Course
Cost: - £200.00 (including Booking Fee of £50.00)
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approved by the Professional bodies: ABP (Alliance of Beauty Practitioners) & IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) and insured by BGI Insurance UK & European, Insync Insurance, Sun Alliance Insurance, Towergate Insurance & Westminster Insurance.
Pre-Requisite: None - suitable for beginners
Training Dates/Venues: This course is available at: Across the UK (in various locations in England, Scotland and Wales)
WHAT IS A WAXING TREATMENT?
Waxing is the most popular used method with its ability to remove hairs quickly and efficiently. Soft wax is a much quicker treatment than hard wax. The wax is applied sparingly and removed straight after; it is not left on the skin to dry like hot wax. It is very easy to control the application of the soft wax making it ideal for facial hair removal e.g. lips, chin, eyebrow and sideburns. Soft wax consists of resin, paraffin wax, glucose syrup and honey. Soft wax is applied to the skin in a very thin layer using a spatula. A fabric or paper strip is then pressed on the waxed area and removed quickly causing minimum discomfort.
- Larger areas can be waxed at once
- It is suitable for most hair types fine and coarse. It can remove strong deep rooted hairs successfully
- Hair re-growth is finer
- The procedure is much quicker than hot wax
- Warm waxing is cheaper than hot waxing
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- How to manage your working environment
- Code of practice and insurance for therapists
- Consultation procedure including contra-indications
- Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
- Health & safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- How to prepare for Waxing treatments
- How to carry out safely and effectively: Removal of hair from Legs, Bikini Line, Underarms, Chin, Lip and Eyebrows using Warm waxing techniques
- How to Measure and shape the Eyebrows
- Different Eyebrow and Facial Shapes
- Anatomy and physiology for Waxing treatments
- Waxing treatment routines
Duration: One Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 12 case studies (2 Brows, 2 Lips, 2 Chins, 2 Underarm, 2 Bikini line,2 Legs) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement at each training venue - please complete the online Course Date Form advising which venue and what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)
Please read Terms and Conditions before booking or paying for this course